I feel like doing this tag is a rite of passage, have I finally been accepted into the blogger world?
Disclaimer: Sowwy if I trash any of your favs. 🙂
Special thanks to Emma for tagging me. ❤️
Also I’m trying this new look out and would very much appreciate your feedback!!
- A popular book / series that you did not like:I feel like if I write the Selection, that would be a popular opinion, so I’m going to go with the Mara Dyer series. On Goodreads all three books have a 4.something average and I CANNOT understand the hype.The first book was meh but the second book was so boring, I couldn’t even finish it.
- A popular book / series that is hated, but you love:This answer literally took me FOREVER to find. But I’m going to settle for Flame in the Mist. ALL my friends as it seems, have hated this book with a burning vengeance, and here I am, madly in love with the writing, the plot, and the characters.
- A hateable OTP:
I’m. Gonna. Lose. All. My. Friends. With. This. Answer.Feysand was just NOT doing it for me. Even in book 2, when beautiful, perfect, supportive, helpful, Rhys appeared, I was kinda dubious but after reading book 3, I’m sooooooooooooo ready to switch him in for a realistic character…basically Az.Idk, Feysand just seems to be the epitome of perfection and you know, sometimes you need some flaws in your characters. Not a fan of this OTP. Oops.
- A popular genre you hardly reach for:That’s gonna have to be, without a doubt, NA. I honestly don’t have anything against NA, but it seems like all the ones I’ve read just endorse toxic relationships or center around the romance itself and I’m like bruh, where is the plot at.Though, if anyone has any good NA recommendations that are very plot driven, rather than relationship driven, I’d totally read them.
- A beloved character you do not like:I think saying Rhys again will get me landed in the dumpster, so this time I’m going to go with Kai from the Lunar Chronicles.
Now, Kai’s a sweet kid, he has a good heart, but he’s just v v v plain. And though I love all the kids from the Lunar Chronicles, Kai would most definitely be ranked last.
- A popular author you cannot get into:This is MOST DEFINITELY gonna be Jennifer L. Armentrout. I’m honestly astounded at how many books she’s able to publish!!! It’s incredible, but I JUST CAN’T STAND THEM.The characters are always perfect, the plot is LACED with cliches, and there’s usually multiple romances going on in the most gross and mushy way ever.Don’t look at my ratings for the Lux series, somehow fetus May thought that was some. quality. ish.
- A popular bookish trope you’re tired of seeing:Love triangles, breakups-only-to-get-back-together-two-chapters-later, and the special snowflake are some of my most hated tropes.Though, the love triangle is probably the biggest offense in my book (unless they’re done well). Otherwise, just, dont. do. it.
- Popular series you have no interest in reading:For this, I’m going to go with Cassandra Clare. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED the Infernal Devices when I read it. But that took two attempts before I could get into it and even after two attempts with the Mortal Instruments, I can’t seem to fall into it.
There’s something with her writing that just makes it really difficult for me to enjoy. 😛
- A movie / tv show that’s better than the book:Surprisingly, I’m not HUGE on movies. Sitting for two hours straight and not reading is a kind of death for me, but in those rare moments when I do try to keep up with the kids my age, I’ve found a special special love for the movie Pride and Prejudice (the most recent take).
I actually DNFed the book around 50% bc i was so lost in the old language and bored. oops.
I figured that everyone’s probably done this tag before, so I won’t tag individuals, but if you are one of the few people who, like myself, haven’t done this tag, then,
I Tag You!!!
Until the next post.